I am going to break it down really easy.
And with more pictures than you are used to. I can’t help it. We took 150+ pictures. There’s even more on my blog.
* The dirt demo was more fun than I have ever had in my life! Hanging out with Dirty Biker, the Rev. Dick and The Canadian had me laughing harder than I have in a long, long time.
The Rev Dick’s mooseknuckle.
* Watching Dominic bounce around on a Pugsley all day.
* Making friends with Surly hotties.
* A climb up a mountain with The Rev. Dick and Dominic. Downhilling on a ss 9’er. Or trying to.
* Trying to go fast in front of Dirty, Dominic and The Rev and crashing right over my bars, talk about embarrassing.
Dirty, The Rev, and Dominic.
* A pump track!! On a squishy Marin.
* Watching Dominic do wheelies all day.
* Giving Dirty all those ice cold beers people kept handing me. Thanks to DB for making sure Dominic didn’t accidentally drink one. For some reason, he was having a hard time saying no to an ice cold beer, in the desert, after riding bikes all day. He kept asking if we could “split one”.
Dirty and me scored Castelli caps.
The Surly cargo trailer.
I gave Trevor a ride to the porta-potties.
* Swimming in Lake Mead, to an island made of monster truck tires, with Dirty, The Canadian, Rev. Dick, and Dominic. Getting kicked out by lake cops pretty fucking fast.
* Meeting Gnome, finally, after a year of email correspondence. He’s my internet shrink, he lifts me up when fuckers on here mess with my head. Meeting him was like, one of those people you feel like you’ve known forever (cheesy, but true). He’s chill. We walked the indoor demo a little and he hung at the pool with us.
* The wedding. It was quick and painless. My LBS owners came, my friends Jeni and Darrin, and Dirty and Gnome. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding party.
* CX VEGAS!!
*Watching the race with Dominic and Gnome.
* Met up with my future BSM teammate who works for Sram and bought him beers for his bday.
* Giving out DC stickers as hand ups after we ran out of dollar bills.
* Finding out EVERYONE reads Drunk Cyclist, and they all know Big Jonny.
* Videotaping the elite men’s finish on Dominic’s shoulders.
* Dominic and Gnome’s late night discussion in the room on politics (me, “if you don’t stop i’m gonna break something”).
* McDonalds with Ben Popper, who raced that night, and worked the Colnago booth that day, and had a baby on Saturday before flying out to Vegas (congrats Julie and Ben!).
* Riding Gnome’s bike down the hall of the Ventian (the hallways were ridiculously long).
* Big pimpin’ in the Venetian with my new husband. 650 sq foot suite with 3 flatscreen TV’s.
* The Indoor demo was overfuckingwhelming. I lost Dominic several times. He had ADD and kept wandering off. Way too many shiny things for him to look at.
* Dominic’s highlights were meeting Ron Wilkerson (missing a front tooth too, hot).
* And Eddie Fiola. (he cried after meeting him and getting a t-shirt signed).
* Meeting the Twin Six boys, Brent and Ryan, who are awesome guys.
* Backward Circle Bike Co. No brakes? No problem.
* Fibre Flare bike lights.
* Handing out pictures of naked girls instead of business cards.
* Meeting Beth H. from PDX who is a DC reader and commenter!
There’s probably more, but fuck it, I think I am done. Interbike was a rockin’ good time and we can’t wait to do it again next year in Anaheim.by