in the last few days it seems that DC has turned into our collective reflection pool. it’s the world wide web version of that lake in front of the washington monument. we can look at the lake to see what we could see just by picking up our heads, but sometimes we prefer to just look at the lake. it has been some time since my last post, but shit, lets get in on this action. here is a quick list of the things i learned in 2009:
- it is not possible to sleep in hotels for 5 months and not want to go home.
- hotel beds are never as comfortable as your bed at home.
- moving sucks.
- it is possible for me to make decisions based on money.
- i have time to do the things i want to do, but sometimes i say i don’t just so i can be lazy and not do them.
- cancer doesn’t care about anything.
- telemark skiing is hard as shit.
- fake hips are cool, but not as cool as having a real one that works good.
- riding bikes is a really good way to not think about the sick people you love.
- riding bikes is a really good way to think about the sick people you love.
- writing letters to the editor is still a really good way to vent frustration.
- moving from the place that you thought you’d never move from to a place you said you’d never move to is ok, and i think i am happier.
- my wife makes me a better person.
- putting 50 wasabi peanuts in your mouth at the same time is a terrible idea.
- i look ridiculous with a mustache.
- i still love growing a mustache.
- the avett brothers are capable of putting out a bad album.
- besides my wife, cooking is the thing i miss most when traveling.
- family is more important than work, or anything else.
- jokes about pirates are the funniest jokes around, except for maybe “screw in a light bulb” jokes.
- new years resolutions are for weirdos.
- binge drinking and boise, idaho mix very well.
- i like learning new things, but i hate being really bad at stuff.
- chiliquiles gives me awful diarrhea, every time.
- www.textsfromlastnight.com is funny, but not really arts and culture.
so that’s it, i’m done reflecting.
i hope your new year is better than your old year, and i hope today kicks more ass than yesterday.